We are Addoptics
Addoptics B.V. is a high-tech scale-up that reduces the delivery time for manufacturing customer-specific optics in a small series from 6 weeks to 6 days by means of an unique concept using innovative 3D printing technology. We supply customer optics to industries such as lighting, automotive, and machine vision.
We are growing very fast, which means that our process needs to be even more efficient and effective. We are looking for someone who will focus on the optimization of the mechanics related to the casting process of our lenses.
In this position, your focus will be managing all aspects of the casting process and developing methods and procedures to improve that process. To be successful in this position, you should have a solid background and understanding of mechanical operations and design. Experience with 3D printers and casting parameters is highly preferred. You will be working hands-on for some of the biggest names in the consumer and tech industry.
A successful candidate will be highly organized and innovative. In this position, you will need to be a self-starter who can take a project and run with it. You should feel comfortable both working independently and as part of a team. We are looking for someone who is constantly driven to find solutions and improve processes, and we will ensure that you get more than enough opportunity and funds to do so.
- Managing employees involved in the casting process
- Evaluate work methods, procedures, and polices to improve operations
- Further develop the mechanics of the casting process
- Assist in determining root cause analysis for issues
- Maintain safe and efficient housekeeping practices
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Science (HBO) – mechanical related
- Experience with process optimization and mechanical design
- Experience with 3D printers highly preferred
- Experience in casting parameters highly preferred
- Capable of taking initiative and can work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as a competent listener
- Effective organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Ability to excel and make quality decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven and demanding environment with a strong attention to detail
What we offer
- This is a part-time opportunity working 32 hours per week
- Competitive compensation package for the right candidate
- Ample vacation time (24 days per year)
- Company drinks on Thursday afternoons
- Located in the center of Rotterdam, we have a young and exciting company culture and atmosphere
Are you enthusiastic?
So: are you looking for a next step and want to work with a fast pacing startup?
Fill out our form below or get in touch email@example.com
We’re looking forward to meet you in real life!